Humanities Project – Convicts and The First Fleet

Here are some useful websites that you may like to use for your Projects! We will add to the list as we go along!

http://www.schoolatoz.nsw.edu.au/homework-and-study/other-subjects-and-projects/history/convicts-in-australia

https://schoolsequella.det.nsw.edu.au/file/427f4fb3-c587-4734-8e54-d7f91e4561fb/1/13651/13651/index.htm

http://members.iinet.net.au/~perthdps/convicts/res-03.html

BTN First Fleet / Convicts Video http://www.abc.net.au/btn/story/s3934600.htm

http://sydneylivingmuseums.com.au/stories/day-life-convict

http://www.fremantleprison.com.au/schoolgroups/educationalresources/Documents/FP%20Convict%20Daily%20Life.pdf

on “Humanities Project – Convicts and The First Fleet
32 Comments on “Humanities Project – Convicts and The First Fleet
  1. Hello Zoe,
    I’m happy to hear that you are enjoying your Humanities Project! What is the name of your convict that you have chosen? The Convict Files will look fantastic when you have all completed your projects!
    Well done for commenting – I’ll give you a $RSD tomorrow!
    Mrs McKay

2. Hi Skye,
    Thanks so much for your comment – good job!
    I’m glad to hear that you like the project! Have you done much research on yours yet?
    Thanks again for bringing your coins into our class to share with us!
    Have a great weekend!
    From Mrs McKay

3. Hi Zoe,
    You are a star shooter! You all played so well – you’re a great little team!
    Hopefully you make it into the Grand Final!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
    From Mrs McKay 🙂

4. Hi everyone, I love the project and I am so excited to be doing someone from our family. Thanks Mrs McKay 🙂
    From Becky

5. Hi Becky,
    How are you?
    I’m so excited to hear that you are really enjoying the project. I was thrilled to hear that you had visited the Cemetery looking for your Convict. I also loved hearing that your Nan has helped with some of your research! Keep up your hard work Becky!
    See you tomorrow,
    From Mrs McKay

6. Hi Noah,
    We are doing a project on Convicts and The First Fleet. The students seem to be really enjoying it and are doing some great work!
    Hopefully some of them read this post and go onto your Weebly!
    Enjoy your night,
    From Mrs McKay

7. Hey Mrs McKay,
    You could show the whole class if you want! It will get regularly updated and click on ‘comments’ at the top to comment on the posts!
    Noah

8. Hi Noah,
    I will certainly show them! Some of the students have already been on to have a look!
    Enjoy your day!
    Mrs McKay

9. Hi Mrs McKay,

I think the First Fleet/Convict Project are really fun!!
    I can not wait for next time we work on them.

From Aimee

10. Hi Aimee,
    I’m so glad to hear that you are enjoying the project!
    We will be working on them again next week?
    Who is your Convict?
    From Mrs McKay

11. Hi Ella,
    Have you watched the video yet? It’s the whole point of the website, but episode 1 of a series. In episode 2 Daniel and I have to sing ( :O )!

12. Thank you for replying and I’m happy that my Nan is helping. Did I tell you that we found the grave of Emma and her husband? I was so excited and my Nan is going to send me a picture of it. I can’t wait to see it. I also finished everything I could do on my project on the 1/9/14 so can you tell what I do with all of the maps pls 🙂 from Becky

13. Hi Becky,
    No you didn’t tell me that! You told me that you went to the Cemetery to try and find but had no luck! How exciting. I can’t wait to see a photo of the grave either! Wow, you have worked so hard on your project – great work! I will explain the maps to you tomorrow! Keep up your efforts Becky! See you in the morning.
    From Mrs McKay

14. Hi everyone,
    How are the projects going?
    At the moment I’m in an underground motel that has wifi so I can contact you guys. I went noodling which is where you search for opals and I found heaps of them. I’m in Coober Pedy in South Australia and leaving for Alice Springs tommorow in Northern Territory. When I went noodling I found out alot of new things about opals so when I get back I can teach you all about them and show you what they look like. As we all know we dont see emu’s where we live but I’ve now seen many emu’s and I’m already sick of them. On the road when you look around you see alot of nothing! Without bragging, the weather everywhere I’ve been has been around about 35 degrees!!! I’m missing you all so much!!
    Bye, Caitlyn V

15. Dear Caitie,
    The projects are going really well and are due next week. I’ve been there!!! Is that the place with a heap of stairs to get to the top and the walls are all bumpy and lumpy? What room are you in? I think you’re going around to the places I’ve been, because I went to Alice Springs too!!
    I hope you’re having a fantastic time!
    From KK.

16. Dear Catie,
    Hope you’re having fun!
    We miss you heaps!
    Chelsea.

………………………

Dear Mrs McKay,
    I’m nearly done with my project but I only need to do my climate and a few other things.
    🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

17. Well done Chelsea! You’ve been working so hard on your project – I can’t wait to see the finished product!
    Enjoy your weekend,
    From Mrs McKay

18. hi 5/6 and Mrs McKay

thank you for your comment .I hope everyone likes the project .
    I thought it is a great idea.

from Skye

P.S I have a few more things until I am finished my project

19. Hi everyone
    just wondering does anybody know what the phrase ‘a free convict’ means
    its in our humanities convict file in the little book up the top left corner
    I don’t know what it means by a free convict
    can someone help me?

From William

20. Hi Caitlyn,
    Just letting you know I got your postcard you sent from Coober Pedy. It’s really cool thanks for the post card,
    Ella